Lately, I have been developing a few modifications for Zencart. One of things I have noticed during the development process, is my shopping cart being lost while typing code and then refreshing the page a little while later. This was no big deal. Just go in add another product, and test again. Then, I got to talking to a few other users who seem to experience the same problem of losing their session. As an end user or a customer this can be frustrating that you have added items to your cart, and then something come ups. They come back to their cart, go to another page, and they have lost their shopping cart. Zencart checks your php.ini for session length. On some hosting accounts, you don’t have access to change this value, or you just want a more user friendly way to adjust this. This contribution / modification for Zen-cart will fix this problem. No core files are touched with this mod. You can extend the session length / timeout / expiration from the admin page.
Download Zencart Custom Session Timeout
Installation instructions are included in the zip file in readme.txt. Here is a copy of the instructions:
- -Unzip folder contents.
- -Rename /admin folder to match the name of your custom admin folder.
- -Upload files to your server
- -Login into your admin page for zencart (-This should automatically install this mod)
- -Goto Admin->Configuration->My Store
- -Click on Customer Session Time Out in Seconds and set your desired value.
- -Click [Update] button to save changes.
- -You’re Done!!
Now, you will be able to change the session timeout / length / expiration for your zencart store.